Thursday, April 2, 2015

Autism Answer: Happy Birthday Brain Broad! (an Autism Awareness Day Party!)

I invite you, I encourage you, to have a peek at my mom's websites. Inspiration, information, videos, blog posts, ideas, honest struggles and honest answers await you there! Go on over and have some fun. That's the greatest birthday party we can throw for my mom, Lynette Louise, The Brain Broad!!!! www.lynettelouise.com www.brainbody.net
###
 
Happy birthday to Lynette Louise aka The Brain Broad!!!!

My mom's birthday is April 2nd, World Autism Awareness Day. 
My mom, The Brain Broad, and us kids!

That's, quite simply, the universe telling us to have a listen to what my mom has to say. My mom, who travels the world playing with and guiding families of autism toward happiness, health, and skill building. My mom, who legally adopted plenty of autistic folks and in her heart adopted hundreds more. My mom, who kindly encouraged me (and everyone she's ever met) to stop feeling sorry for or afraid of or bothered by autism and to instead learn with it and love helping and believe in the value of knowing people who see and feel and communicate differently, and who have to work hard to do so. 

To know and believe deep down that we are all equal and able and beautiful and fun.

My mom, who insists on always being authentic and kind while traveling the globe with cameras and love and a big colorful brain, so she can SHOW us how she does it and she can teach us how to do it ourselves. My mom, who loves us too much to stop working and teaching, but who really would like to just hang around with family learning trapeze and sipping coffee. 

Happy birthday Brain Broad!!!!!

We love you so much!


Go ahead and take the day off. Sip coffee and hang out with family. I'll wear my ‪#‎fixitinfive‬ shirt, and run around the world pointing them in your direction. Take a moment to breathe and live. 


Enjoy your day with Rye.

The kind of day all of the other professionals warned you'd never get to have--he works, saved up money, bought his own plane ticket, drove himself to the airport, parked his own car he pays for, and flew to visit his mom on her birthday--and know that you helped make that happen. YOU, my mom, The Brain Broad!


And then when Rye goes home--we'll be here still. Ready to learn from you again. 

Happy Birthday mom!!!!!
I love you so much!!!!

Hugs, smiles, and love!!
Autism Answers with Tsara Shelton (Facebook)

My mom, The Brain Broad, with my niece. This is what mom teaches!

Me, proudly wearing my FIX IT IN FIVE with THE BRAIN BROAD shirt!
"Fix it in five, because life is a series of choices." ~Lynette Louise aka THE BRAIN BROAD!