Monday, September 14, 2015

Autism Answer: My Book At The World's Biggest Book Fair? Yes!!

So many of my dreams have come true that now the Universe is just inventing stuff!

I like the way the Universe thinks!!

My book, Spinning in Circles and Learning from Myself: A Collection of Stories that Slowly Grow Up, was published through Archway Publishing, and invited by LitFire Publishing to be on display at the Frankfurt Book Fair, 2015--the world's largest book fair. 

After thinking about it for a few days (there would be some expense, and it would have to go alone because there is no way we could afford to have me come along) my book said yes!!!

This is the full page ad they made to announce the book's upcoming arrival at this festival of ideas and words: 

"Even though life throws it's biggest challenges when you least expect them, dive in."


They've even written a press release and made some really cute bookmarks. So although the book will be going alone, thanks to LitFire Publishing, and thanks to those who've read and reviewed and shared the book, it won't be going without support.

Oh, the joys and fears of letting our babies go off on their own! tee hee!

A few things people have said about the book:

"This author is my daughter's age but she seems to be wise beyond her years. Her life experiences are so different than anything I could imagine. However, Tsara explains it beautifully when she wrote, 'Remember, it takes all kinds of personalities to make up a functional and exciting world! Just because we don't understand one doesn't make it wrong or bad, just different.'" ~Special Needs Book Review

"Spinning in Circles and Learning from Myself: A Collection of Stories that Slowly Grow Up, by Tsara Shelton, one of eight children, mother of four, and wife, is a gripping and powerful read." - BookOrBust (Linda Della Donna is the Author of A Gift of Love)

 "What a book! The writer's passion shines through in this book. Her love is intense, and as per the cover of the book, she embraces all." ~Burl and Merry Hall, Authors of Sophia's Web: A Passionate Call to Heal our Wounded Nature

"This is a wonderful book that takes the reader into the lives of a unique family and a mother’s personal insight into her own adventurous journey of life while nourishing the growth of her children. These short stories will touch your soul, stir the emotions and offers the reader a deeper exploration of life lessons." ~Relena Preble, On Location Nurse from the docu-series FIX IT IN FIVE with THE BRAIN BROAD

"I've been carrying this wonderful book around with me for the past several months, enjoying it in each perfect story-reading moment life has gifted to me! I've found the stories inside to be inspiring, thought-provoking, heart-warming, laughter-inducing, deepest-parts-of-my-soul-touching, and more! Indeed, it's been quite nourishing, and I've absolutely loved reading it." ~Rachel Clark, Valuable friend and Fix it in Fiver 


"The enthusiasm is infectious. You will find yourself spinning in circles of joy as you read of her adventures! I know I did!" ~Rev. Pamela Anne Bro PhD, Author of SoulQuest: A Trail Guide to Life



"I read this book in one day because I couldn't put it down! As soon as I was done I passed it on to my best friend and said, "Read this!" Tsara's collection of stories are so varied yet all unveil perseverance for joy, family and self. Her family tree is fascinating! Autism is a major through line in the book, and having so many friends with children on the spectrum gave me perspective, knowledge and tools that will help me be a better friend and empathetic person all around." ~Jessica Sitomer, Author of Dirty Virgin and And...Action! Powerful, Proven, and Proactive Strategies to Achieve Success in the Entertainment Industry

I'm super proud and super happy and super excited for this adventure I'll be sending my book on. To be entirely honest I don't even know enough about book fairs to know what kind of experiences I hope my book will have, or what kind of stories I hope to share with you about the adventure. 

Sometimes, though, not having any idea what to expect is the most fun way try something new!! Our eyes (and pages!) will be open to anything!!! 

I promise to share with you when the next stories are ready to slowly grow up. 
Hugs, smiles, and love!!
Autism Answers with Tsara Shelton (Facebook)

My book will be heading out in October. Grab your copy soon!