Friday, May 31, 2013

Autism Answer: Lessons in a Zombie Apocalypse!

So, all four of my boys are totally into zombies. My oldest two, who are nineteen and seventeen, are true believers in the inevitable zombie apocalypse. My youngest two, who are fifteen and thirteen, think they're awesome additions in any video game or movie idea! I am a huge fan of any catalyst for conversation with my boys, so I say 'Bring on the Dead!'

When my older guys and I talk about zombies, believe it or not, the conversation can get pretty sophisticated! With natural opportunities to talk about pharmaceuticals, the brain washing of nations, the importance of discovering our own passions and being true to ourselves, and let's not forget the importance of eating only organic and fair trade brain products!! 

With my younger boys we have followed interesting story line ideas and potential movie plots for the entertainment they hope to one day invent. And I have learned that entering and playing in the imaginations of my boys can be both fun and littered with teaching tools!!

So let's never scoff at our children's interests and obsessions! Let's play with them, and guide them and get to know how our kiddos think and what they hope for!! It's not only fun and surprising as a parent, but offers tons of insights into how different yet the same everyone is!!

It's fun to talk about zombies, but I refuse to be one!!

 Hugs, smiles, and love!!!
Autism Answers with Tsara Shelton (Facebook)

We love brains in our family. But we don't eat them! tee hee!
 www.lynettelouise.com