Monday, June 8, 2015

Autism Answer: Boop!


Shay likes to put my face in his hands and randomly tell me, "Mom, I'm so proud of you for finally getting your first book published." and also "If lots of people in the world read your book and read Dramma's books (Lynette Louise aka The Brain Broad) then they will learn important ways to be kind to people with autism." and even "Your book has a lot of smart things in it but it's still fun to read."

So I thought it would be neat to share this photo of Shay holding my book. The book he's so proud of me for publishing. The book that he and his brothers, and my mom and my brothers, trusted me enough to write, where I share intimate details of our lives. 

Boop!

I asked Shay what kind of caption he wanted me to put with it. I figured he'd give me something  about the importance of my book, or the honest and comfortable way I talk about autism, or a caption celebrating being proud of people who follow their dreams. I wasn't sure which one, so I waited. 

"Boop." is what he said.

And if you know Shay, or you have a loved one who uses creativity in communication, you'll understand when I say that's the caption that captures it all!!!!


Hugs, smiles, and love... and Boop!!!!!!
Autism Answers with Tsara Shelton (Facebook)

__________________________________

If you haven't gotten yourself a copy of my book, Spinning in Circles and Learning from Myself: A Collection of Stories that Slowly Grow Up, head on over to Amazon, or Barnes and Noble, or Archway Publishing and grab a copy (paperback or ebook) today! Then decide for yourself what Boop! might mean!!