Friday, September 4, 2015

Autism Answer: The More You Win

"One person might not be able to change the thinking of an entire world in a moment, but moments can encourage a change in the thinking of people in the world. Make the most of your many moments." ~Me

A quick conversation with my son: 

Shay: When I play chess with somebody I feel bad always winning, so I'll just stalemate instead. 

Me: Ya, I've seen you do that a lot. 

Shay: I know a lot of people don't like to lose and I don't like it when they're not happy. 

Me: I still don't think it's a good habit, Shay. It's okay to win. The more you win the easier it'll be for you to help other people win. 

Shay: What?

Me: The more you win, the better you'll be at winning and the more you'll know about how to win, so you'll be better at helping other people learn to win. 

Shay: You're trying to give me a life lesson again, aren't you?

Me: Of course. 

Shay: It worked. 

You just never know which conversations are going to be the important ones. 

So, regardless of whether or not your kids can communicate clearly, keep having them!

Hugs, smiles, and love!!
Autism Answers with Tsara Shelton (Facebook) 

 
My youngest sons playing chess.