Thursday, October 8, 2015

Autism Answer: Nature and Parenting; Tend and Love

Nature and parenting. 

I tend and love learning similar lessons from both. 

I have a habit of pointing out the value of encouraging growth that embraces the bigger picture rather than the "look at me right now and be impressed" model. Gardens that are encouraged rather than forced, people who find their own style rather than one they use to impress--this is what I celebrate most.

The gardening we do with an eye on future gardens, the folks who tend them, and the world it's meant to enhance, is equally as beautiful (to me, it's more beautiful) as the one we primp and preen to wow now

I love encouraging and guiding the natural plants that want to grow around me just as I love encouraging and guiding the natural personalities and passions of my children. They often don't match the landscape, sometimes one will take over for a while, and there are times when I don't like the smell of them, but always I know there will be shifts and changes and that I am playing an important role by allowing and guiding and learning to know what and why some of the plants/passions grow. 

Wild growth encourages us to adventure and discover new things. Collaborative gardening, planting and growing with an understanding of what we want and what the earth wants, encourages us to be flexible and thoughtful with our wants. 

These are beautiful examples of playing a role and taking action while keeping an eye on the inherent, important, innate value of what wants to grow and why.

Nature and parenting. 

I tend and love learning similar lessons from both. 

Hugs, smiles, and love!!
Autism Answers with Tsara Shelton (Facebook)

I was walking with my boys in town. We took a moment to explore this patch of wilderness.