Eleven Random Facts About Me:
1) I eat entirely too much cheese, and drink copious amounts of soul nourishing coffee!
3) I was a single mom for many years. I never, ever, ever imagined I would be a married woman. However, my husband and I have now been happily married for thirteen years, and I freaking love it!!!
4) I'm very comfortable talking about sex. There is so much we can learn about ourselves and human nature when we are willing to explore the insecurities, joys, and questions that present themselves during that very vulnerable and beautiful act. I also think it's a dangerous habit in our society to teach uncomfortable quickness or assume inappropriateness when sex is the topic. Many people see themselves as monsters or broken when they begin to feel sexual, and without comfort exploring the issue, there is little they can do to learn otherwise.
5) I'm very uninterested in talking about sex just for the sake of talking about sex.
6) I love reading novels. I love dancing to rock music. I love singing real loud to myself.
7) I really, really, really love my husband, but I live for my children.
8) I am the oldest of eight kids. We are four girls and four boys. All of my brothers (who were adopted) had many labels: autism, fetal alcohol syndrome, mental retardation, auditory processing issues, and more. My mom was also on the autism spectrum, so it wasn't really that weird to us when she solved a myriad of issues (school, neighborhood, business, family bonding) by putting together a North American Prison Tour, where our entire family traveled in a van, learned life skills and performed comedy and music for prisoners. Doesn't everyone do that?
9) I have two step daughters that are older than me, and step-grandchildren that are almost my age.