Friday, March 14, 2014

Autism Answer: Thinking with Albert Einstein


~Happy 135th Birthday Albert Einstein!~

I love reading about and learning from Albert Einstein. Admittedly, the math and science stuff is often above my head, so when I learn from him it's with my own limited understanding. And my own not so limited desire to find a meaning I like!

I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite Einstein quotes today--his birthday-- perhaps while eating Pi! Giggle! They reveal a bit of who he was, who I am, and how I like to understand the world! 

Here are a few:

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a woman is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves."


"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I or the others crazy?"

"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them."

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you are sitting on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity."

"Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid."

"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious."

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value."

These are just some of my faves, and ones that I think are useful for us loving autism. Feel free to celebrate with me by adding some of your own!! 

Oh, ya. One more thing I adore about Einstein. Because of him I can walk around without ever brushing my hair and imagine that it's my genius showing, not my laziness! Tee hee!!!

Happy Pi Day, 
and happy birthday Albert Einstein! 
Hugs, smiles, and love!!
Autism Answers with Tsara Shelton