Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Autism Answer: Missing Person - Disappearing Into a Book


Missing Person - DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RETRIEVE!

That's right, friends! I am willfully being whisked away to a place and time where I do not belong. I'm entering the ideas and opinions and moments of others; though, admittedly, I can't help but bring me along to manipulate and assume and interpret those ideas and moments. 

I got a new book! 
Powerful stuff!

Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee came for me in the mail today. This is a book I've been anticipating and imagining. A book I've been hungry for. 

So please, for our safety, do not send in a rescue team! When my body is in bed but my distant looks and moody movements seem unrecognizable, do not attempt to retrieve me. During the delicate moments of tangling the book's ideas and characters with myself, I remain consistently on the brink of something that ebbs and flows, tickles and pinches, entices and teases. It's pure and beautiful and painful and powerfully fun! 

To be yanked away too quickly could make me lose it entirely. 
(Yes, I was thinking that too: Kinda like an orgasm.)
(Oh, you weren't thinking that? Oops! Well, maybe you need to read better books?)


A new book - explored and devoured by others, crafted and conceived by another, discussed and debated by many, and yet I'm going in alone. 

So do not worry and please forgive my absence. Know that though I am missing, I am truly here as well! Growing and tingling and feeling and imagining and thinking and, of course, drinking coffee. And going pee. Then finding a new comfy spot to read and sigh and think and feel and relive the disappointing joys of young womanhood, defiant and barefoot, with Jean Louise Finch (aka Scout) in Maycomb, Alabama.

Oh, and if you don't mind, could someone feed my kids and put on a load of laundry while I'm gone? Thanks! tee hee!

Hugs, smiles, and love!!
Autism Answers with Tsara Shelton (Facebook) 

Me snuggling my new book in bed!