Thursday, August 6, 2015

Autism Answer: Watermelon and Problem Solving -- Happy Birthday Hubby!

My husband and one of our grandsons, munching on melon!
Today is my husband's birthday!

Yesterday we hung out with one of his daughters and some of the grand-kids eating watermelon and talking about the challenges of growing older. The challenges faced by my hubby, our children, and our grandchildren. 

And though we were talking about the hard stuff (figuring out how to pay bills on time, finding work, broken down cars, looking for a school that the kids are comfortable in) we laughed, hugged, danced and gobbled down sweet juicy locally grown watermelon while we chatted. 

And that's how we do it! 

We don't pretend the hard stuff isn't real or important, but we don't feel obligated to sit in the stress without pushing back either. 

We bring our joy to the problem solving table.

And, because my husband's birthday would not be complete without it, we bring cold sweet watermelon! 


Happy birthday, honey!!!

Hugs, smiles, and love!!

Autism Answers with Tsara Shelton (Facebook)

One of my hubby's daughters and a few of our grandsons. Happy Birthday my love!!