Saturday, January 16, 2016

Autism Answer: My Nieces Are The Greatest Gift - Reflections on their Birthday #Twins

My youngest nieces and my youngest son.

My youngest nieces are six today!!!!! 

I love them soooooooooooo much! They are the most delightful little people I've had the pleasure of spending time with. They are uncommonly happy and comfortable. They are loving and funny and delighted by life. They are heroes! 

It's because of them that they are who they are. It's because they choose to be curious and happy and passionate. It's because they like the way it feels to get attention from their smiles and songs.

But it's also because of us that they are who they are. My sons, my mom, myself, their sisters, their dad, and--most of all--their mom, my sister. So many people who treat them with interest and respect. So many people who light up at the sight and sound of them. 

And it's because of each other. Being twins, they've been at each others side since before the beginning. They have a deep connection that is unusual for most people; a true gift when you are able to have it. I'm quite sure I have it with their mom, my sister.

At the end of the day, though, it doesn't matter why my youngest nieces are such delightful, loving, happy, comfortable people. Although, sure, it's clever to consider it. It's clever to want to take advantage of a thing so we can reuse it elsewhere. Mostly, though, we don't wonder why. 

We're busy celebrating it! Encouraging it! Playing and dancing and laughing and snuggling with it!! 

Which, of course, is a feedback loop I recognize as why my nieces probably keep on growing comfortable, happy, and confident.

My nieces are the greatest gift we could ever hope for on their birthday. 

Happy birthday to my gorgeous little heroes!
 

Aunt T loves you and misses you like crazy!!!!
Hugs, smiles, and love!

Autism Answers with Tsara Shelton (Facebook)


Twinning


www.fourbrothersoneworld.com
PHOTO: by Jory Shelton
This is a pic of my two oldest sons and my two youngest nieces. My boys aren't twins but most people think they are.