Friday, April 22, 2016

Autism Answer: Earth Day


 
Me hanging out behind our home.

I've always been attracted to nature. 

I've always desired deeply to work and learn with her, rather than control or ignore her. And with that deep desire I've made choices. 

Choices that change as I discover new truths or observe hidden relationships to my choices. 

But I do not have (much) guilt over the choices I made that hurt nature when I was unaware, because I know I was most often willing and interested in becoming aware. I know I was most often eager to learn and make changes. 

Often, but not always.

It's the choices I made against nature when I knew better, or was able to know better but chose to look away, that I feel guilt over.

The choices I made to not seem "weird" and, even more often, for convenience. The times I turned away from learning or knowing in order to keep doing things the seemingly easy way. Or to not stand out as a nutty tree hugger or unusual (which, for too many, means possibly unfit) mom. Those choices. 

To me "nature" isn't just outside, she isn't just the earth and her gardens. She's the natural inclination and needs of everything and everyone organic. She's freedom and life.

I try my best to be consistent in my respect and love of her, but I make mistakes. 

I'm happy to notice, however, that the more confident I get, the more willing I am to be authentically me no matter how nutty I may seem, the less mistakes I make out of convenience or fear! Now, when I make a mistake, it's mostly nature herself reminding me who I am.

This Earth Day let's all take a moment to change one habit, examine and realize one mistake we're making that hurts nature. Our own nature, our spouses nature, our child's nature, Mother Nature. If we all change one habit, admit to and tell others about one mistake, we can't help but change the world in a beautiful way! 

I believe it really is that simple, friends.
I believe we really are that powerful!

Happy Earth Day!!!!


"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~Edward Hale

Hugs, smiles, and love!!
Autism Answers with Tsara Shelton (Facebook)
xoxo

Laying under my favorite tree with my hemp purse and a perfect book.