Friday, June 27, 2014

Autism Answer: This Moment

I'm sitting here with multiple tabs open on my computer, trying to organize my thoughts and get some work done that's been piling up. My mind is swirling with "things-to-do" while I'm attempting to catch and corral them into an organized list that'll help me be efficient, effective and--hopefully!--creative and true.

Behind me my youngest son is singing to himself, improvising and creating lyrics. He's mixing the sounds of R&B with rap and adding a dash of rock. He's singing all about himself and his hopes and his feelings. His song is full of questions, confidence, love, and social challenges.

A little farther behind me and two rooms over my other son sleeps. He was up all night thinking about his future and looking into the possibility of making more and different friends. He was also thinking about his brothers--the ones that live far away--and wondering how to accept the consistent nature of their physical far away-ness without always feeling so lonely for them.

I'm writing, my son is singing, my other son is dreaming. 

This moment we are all creating, and while we do it together we also do it separately, with a deep personal nature. One that compliments each other but comes from deep within ourselves. From a place where we can only be alone.

This moment is beautiful. This moment is real.

This moment is my life.







All of life exists in moments. Go ahead and describe them to yourself and your loved ones with honesty and intention. 


Hugs, smiles, and love!!!
Autism Answers with Tsara Shelton (Facebook)