Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Autism Answer: The Creativity Spectrum

"To be a screenwriter is to deal with an ongoing tug of war between breathtaking megalomania and insecurity so deep it takes years of therapy just to be able to say 'I'm a writer' out loud." ~Blake Snyder  (from his book, Save The Cat!)

I love this. It's so bloody spot on!

I believe this is true for most folks in the creative world. It's a spectrum, you see, and we live all over it from one day to the next, one moment to the next.

In truth, this is what it is to be human. It's just heightened for those who live often in the creative world. Writers, actors, painters, most entrepreneurs... and so many more. 


We need to learn to take advantage of these extremes rather than succumb to the overwhelming challenge of adjusting constantly to our moods. This spectrum offers so much insight and endless opportunities to see things on the edges. If we are accepted and strong, if we surround ourselves only with people who will offer the same, then it's a beautiful gift.

Being creative invites many moods.
Many moods is fantastical and alive.
And being alive is a spectrum.

We all live on a spectrum! 
I think it's useful to remember that.

Hugs, smiles, and love!!

Autism Answers with Tsara Shelton (Facebook)


I'm a Writer.
That's my disability.

It's a spectrum, so some days I'm more high functioning than others.
My kids really don't like my low functioning days, but in a way
they're my favorite.