Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Autism Answer: FIX IT IN FIVE with THE BRAIN BROAD: DVD Review

Exciting Update: FIX IT IN FIVE with LYNETTE LOUISE aka THE BRAIN BROAD, Season One-Uganda, is now available on demand! Rent/purchase episodes or the entire season and watch on any device. Do it! I did!!!! https://vimeo.com/ondemand/fixitinfive
___________________________________
A short time ago I purchased FIX IT IN FIVE with LYNETTE LOUISE aka THE BRAIN BROAD: DVD set for Season One.




Although Lynette Louise aka The Brain Broad is my mom, and I could have gotten the dvds for free, I opted to pay $187.00, because more than anything I want to support this show.

With over six hours of beautiful footage, brain facts, behavior tips, and insightful ideas, purchasing this dvd set is possibly the best money I've ever spent.


FIX IT IN FIVE with LYNETTE LOUISE aka THE BRAIN BROAD is an international docu-series that airs on The Autism Channel, and I'd already seen snippets of the show. Every episode, indeed every snippet, offers surprising and almost simple ideas for making big change. Ways to play with our children that will encourage healthy brain growth and (possibly my favorite part) a real connection with and understanding of our kids. There are many moments when watching this show that I have to pause and truly reflect. Not only on how important making these small changes is (and it really has been!) but on how unhealthy our society has become for our children. Luckily, though, this show offers so many solutions that rather than shrink away or become afraid of the world, I grow excited to be an active part of it. I want to teach what I'm learning!!




FIX IT IN FIVE with THE BRAIN BROAD on The Autism Channel

Also, I've fallen in love with Trisca and Milly, the mom and autistic daughter in Uganda. Trisca is adorable! And her mom faces familiar problems that are highlighted for me in this unfamiliar place. Financial troubles, confusing expectations, judgmental neighbors, and much more.


FIX IT IN FIVE with THE BRAIN BROAD on The Autism Channel

I've watched the season in it's entirety twice now. I've laughed, cried, considered, reflected, "aha-ed", clapped my hands, and learned a lot. And I've become a better mom. 

Also, when I need an energy boost I just pop in the dvd and am instantly made happier. 

I'm really looking forward to season two!!!




And season three!!!!!

And yes, I will purchase those dvd sets as well!!!

Hugs, smiles, and love!!!
Autism Answers with Tsara Shelton (Facebook)

FIX IT IN FIVE with THE BRAIN BROAD dvds. Sign up for The Loop so you'll know about the next sale!!
__________________
Exciting Update: FIX IT IN FIVE with LYNETTE LOUISE aka THE BRAIN BROAD, Season One-Uganda, is now available on demand! Rent/purchase episodes or the entire season and watch on any device. Do it! I did!!!! https://vimeo.com/ondemand/fixitinfive