Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Autism Answer: It's a Collaboration

My sixteen year old son, Shay, is very nearly blind. His eyesight is powerfully poor and slowly getting worse every year. This morning we were talking about making another appointment to have them checked.

Me: You know, a lot of people say that when you lose one of your senses, the other ones get better. What do you think?

Shay: Well, I don't know which one of my disabilities is to blame for my amazing imagination. It could be my fuzzy eyesight or my autism.

Me: I bet it's a collaboration of both.

Shay: You're right mom! They work together to help me have such great ideas and imaginings. Man, I'm lucky to be me.

And that was our morning. We collaborated and discovered--once again!--that we are an awesome team and we're lucky to be us.

I'm betting you're lucky too!!


Hugs, smiles, and love!!

Autism Answers with Tsara Shelton (Facebook)

Shay Shelton
My fabulous boy and his fantastic imagination
travelling on the Greyhound last summer.