Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Autism Answer: Pumpkin in the Pancakes!


My mom was charged with raising and teaching eight of us. With a house full of disabilities and teenagers, that's asking an awful lot! There wasn't any time to spare when it came to getting those all important lessons in, and so my mom would take advantage of every moment. 

Watching a movie together? She'd pick with intention and teach with laughter. Driving to school? She'd take a different route and teach flexibility in routine while singing 'Boom Boom, ain't it great to be... CRAZY!" Making lunches? We would each have a 'buddy' and have to do the chore together, teaching and learning from each other. 

This morning I was making pancakes and I decided to sneak a little bit of organic pumpkin into the mix. My way of adding a festive flavor and tons of Vitamin A. As I passed out breakfast to my adorable boys I realized that I had become my mother. Mixing health and festivity into a simple breakfast.

I was proud!

Hugs, smiles, and love!!

Autism Answers with Tsara Shelton (Facebook)



Lynette Louise aka The Brain Broad and family!!
Mom and us kids...plus, my first son!